Rules for packing a back to school lunch like a boss:
- Bust out your very coolest lunch packing supplies – extra points if it includes anything they haven’t seen yet.
- Think about what foods will fill bellies and guarantee smiles.
- Make it easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Back to School
I’m not at all excited about my kids being back in school – and by the way today is also opposite day (ha!).
My son has been a little nervous about this whole “back to school” thing. He started kindergarten this year, his first year in “big kid” school where he has to go a whole 6 hours! His sister is in 2nd grade this year so this is all old hat for her.
*Side note on my kids’ school – they attend a small – 36 kids, private, French Bilingual Community Montessori school (say that 5 times fast). It was never in the plan to send our kids to private school but things don’t always go as planned… #amiright?
Because of a little “case of the nerves” I’ve been paying more attention to what I pack in my son’s lunch the first few weeks. Just want the little guy to know I’m thinking about him 🙂
The Menu and Supplies
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links below, I may – at no extra cost to you, receive a small commission.
- Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes I get mine at Trader Joe’s, with homemade peanut butter (tutorial coming soon!). I added these fun eyeball picks which will keep the peanut butter from sticking to the top once the box is closed!
- Trader Joe’s Cheddar Rockets kept separate using these fun star shaped silicone muffin liners.
- Mini Healthy Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins by bakerbynature.com. Now this is a treat I can feel good about.
- Yellow Watermelon from Trader Joe’s – you can probably still catch these if you’re fast! I used my fruit and veggie punches to just cut out a few that were star shaped. Ain’t nobody got the time to cut them all out in the star shape. Nobody.
- Roasted Almonds.
- This lunch was packed in the Yumbox Panino in Kai Blue with the emoji tray insert.